Sunday, March 17, 2013

Attack Of The 268 Pound Hangry Woman

Let me first start out by saying that I came to know the word Hangry from a podcast I enjoy listening too.  This word describes someone who is so hungry they are irritable and grouchy and mean.  That folks is me right now.  

This little Jellybean that I have been blessed to house within me for the next 29 weeks has thrown this pregnancy for a big loop de loop!  I have gestational diabetes which anyone that went gestational during their pregnancy and those that are diabetic knows, means a drastic diet change is in effect.  Being that I am a larger sized woman, the diet change has been a bit of a shock to my system.  Now the OB nurse claims that I can still feel full and satisfied on this new diet I have to stick to but so far I'm not feeling anything but hangry.  My husband tried to create humor in the situation when I turned to him for moral support.  I explained to him what hangry meant and that I just wanted to eat something that was good and adhered to this new diet.  That is when he announced that I could eat him.  You can pretty much imagine how hard I wasn't laughing.  I am going to stick this out in hopes that this gestational thing will go away after Jellybean is born.  The only thing I am left wondering is if it's normal to see a whole turkey when looking at the family dog or to seek a pork and beef roast when looking at our two cats?

Here's a little video to showcase how I am feeling right now.  Lets hope I don't get as hangry as that man eating plant!



3 comments:

  1. Visiting from Mom's Monday Mingle. Glad to discover your website. I hope you'll share it at this week's Friday Flash Blog on The Jenny Evolution (www.thejennyevolution.com). Would love to have you join our community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Andrea, This was just cracking me up. When dealing with a hangry pregnant mama, humor isn't always the best idea. Hopefully your hubs realizes that now! :) Stopping by from Mom's Monday Mingle, and I'm a new GFC follower. Hope your weekend is going well!

    Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Stopping by from Moms Mingle Monday to say Hi =D Have a wonderful week (and I hope you find something that will fill you up just a little bit!)

    Tina 'the book lady'
    http://familyliteracy2.blogspot.com/ and
    http://givingnsharing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete